Potential Cross Country St. E’s Parents/Guardians:
● Tuesday and Wednesday 5:30 to 6:30p for all grades. Meet at Brookside Park, on Brookside Blvd and E 57 th street, Kansas City, MO 64113
● Thursdays 5:30p to 6:30p for all grades. Meet in one of the shelters at Roe Park (just south of 103 rd St. off of Roe Ave. in Overland Park)
● Saturdays 8a to 9a for all grades. Meet in Shelter area of Sunnyside Park: W 83 St, Kansas City, MO 64114
Practices will start on Tuesday, August 11th . It is important that you be on time and that the runners be picked up on time. If there are difficulties with getting to practice, please consider carpooling. There are a number of parents that would consider carpooling so please let us know if you are interested.
We will have several parents assisting the coaching staff this year which is greatly appreciated. If you would like to help or even run with the participates, please let us know and we’ll guide you through the ropes (protecting God’s children is a requirement).
We have four practices a week to make sure that the runners can build up enough endurance to complete a race and to feel good doing so. Sometimes runners make it to three practices and that is okay. If a runner is not in other sports (e.g., soccer, baseball, etc.) and only makes it to one or two practices, they will be less likely to do well and feel good about running.
Meets all are on Mondays after school (Locations and Times TBD)
September 21, 2015 Cross Country Invitational
September 28, 2015 Cross Country Invitational
October 5, 2015 Cross Country Invitational
October 12, 2015 Cross Country Invitational
● 3rd and 4th graders run 0.75 miles/1.2K
● 5th and 6th graders run 1.0 miles/1.6K
● 7th and 8th graders run 1.5 miles/2.4K
Other important information
● It is important to have a decent pair of running shoes. There are plenty of places to go. There is a running store, Garry Gribble’s, in Ward Parkway Mall.
● Please bring a bottle of water to every practice.
● If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either Coach Rusty at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 913-709-3704, or Coach Reyna at email@example.com or at 240-461-1486.
The Cross Country Team