The 7th Annual BBQ Contest will be September 15 & 16th, 2017
Rain or Shine!
If you are interested in participating in this year's contest email us at: email@example.com
Please check our Facebook page for announcements and updates.
A great weekend of Family, Friendship, Music and BBQ. The Waldo and Brookside Communities are welcome to come and enjoy the sweet smell of BBQ, and enjoy the festivities. This is a parish BBQ contest and to compete each team must have a St. Elizabeth parishioner. Last year we had 36 competing teams.
- Friday night each team is welcome to host a party in their tent. "Smoker's Selection" is where every team will cook up a snack to share with the public a little friendly competition on who has the best party food. If you are not competing, you are welcome to check out the tent parties and visit friends between 6 pm and 11 pm. A band will play for your entertainment. Beverages will be available for a donation. We will have an adult atmosphere Friday evening 6:00-12 pm, so Friday night will remain kid free. Plus new this year get pictures taken at the fun photo booth located by the beer garden from 7:30-10:30 pm. After 12 pm everyone but team members need to be off grounds. We will have security enforcing these hours.
- Saturday is serious cooking and many of the teams will have been cooking for hours overnight. The grounds open to the public at 11 am with kid's activities and much more. This year we will have face painting, tattoos, a clown, bounce house for 5 and under, funnel cakes, cotton candy and game truck from 12-4. We will have a food truck serving delicious food for lunch and dinner from 11:30 am to 7:30 pm.
- Competition turn-ins of meat to judges will start 2:30 pm and run until 4:00. Please give teams space during this time to focus on the competition.
- Awards will be announced around 6:30 pm.
- 7:30 pm - 10 pm we celebrate a great weekend.
- We are encouraging a family atmosphere during the day Saturday.
- There will be no drinking out of glass, please use cans or plastic cups at the BBQ!
Please follow us on Facebook to get up-to-date information and find out more about Smoking 'n Waldo BBQ Contest.
This year's contest will include 4 meats categories; ribs, pork (butt), chicken and brisket. Teams will prepare their entries to be judged. They have to turn in all 4 to be in the running for Grand Champion.